Wednesday, 26 October 2016

October 2016 Book Haul


It's nearly Halloween! I'm sad I have no plans this year, I wish I was still young enough to go knocking on doors for sweets, but oh well. It's near the end of the month so I thought I'd show you guys all the books I've accumulated. It was my birthday this month so I treated myself to more books than I would usually.

(also I know my book photography skills are terrible so please don't judge me)

Books I bought in physical stores:



I've actually heard mixed things about The Graces, and a few mixed things about the sequel to An Ember in the Ashes, but they were both books that I'd been interested in for a while, so when I saw them on the shelves in Easons I picked them up anyway. As I Descended and The Light Between Oceans have been around on BookTube/Twitter/Blogs for a while, but for the life of me I can't remember where I'd heard about Sweet Caress, but I bought it anyway because who doesn't want to read historical fiction about a badass woman.

Books I bought online:


Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur (I read this and gave it 3/5* on Goodreads)
Bird Box by Josh Malerman (I read this and gave it 4/5* and you can read my review here)

The Shadow of the Wind is part of my favourite mini-genre of "books about books" so when I first heard about this it went straight on my to-read list. Milk and Honey has also been on it for a long time, and while it wasn't the best writing it was still quite lovely and I am glad I got it. If you know me at all then you know that His Dark Materials is my all-time favourite book series, and for years I've only owned it in 3 mismatched, beaten up paperbacks, so for my birthday I treated myself to this GORGEOUS hardcover (I mean look at it seriously it makes me want to cry). She Is Not Invisible has a blind, mystery solving protagonist - I am so here for that, and Bird Box was a horror I had been dying to get for quite a while and it did not disappoint.

I won a book in a giveaway!



Darren Shan was an author I loved as a kid, and when I saw a giveaway for a book of his over at Bart's Bookshelf I thought "Why the hell not?" and I won! The first giveaway I ever have won. Thanks again Darren, I can't wait to get to this one!

So I went a bit book-buying mad this month, but I feel like I can justify it because it was my birthday. Have you read any of these books? What books did you buy this month? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. October is my birthday month too! :) I received a ton of books this month as presents. I also bought a few too. Birthdays are a great excuse to go book-buying-mad. I love the titles you picked up. Milk and Honey sounds like it's something I would devour if given the chance. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday omg! I don't get presents these days and I tell people not to buy me books because I'd be afraid it wouldn't be something I'd like D:
      Milk and Honey is easily devourable, I read it in an hour-ish, and while it wasn't the best poetry I've ever read it was still pretty nice.
      (Any occasion is one to go book buying mad lets not kid ourselves)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...