Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Bought Because of Online Book Communities

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

So I realised today when looking at this week's TTT topic that I've read almost no books on recommendation. The books I read seem to most often come from my own interest, so I decided to twist the topic a little and talk about ten books that I've bought and have a MUST READ THIS sticker on it because of the Book-ternet. These books come recommended from BookTwitter, BookTube and Book Blogs, as well as some Goodreads recommendations from friends I've met in these communities.


These are books that have done the rounds through just about all facets of the book community online. Some are more hyped than others, but I'm looking forward to reading all of them.

I think Bird Box, The Shadow of the Wind, and The Light Between Oceans are the ones I'm looking forward to most. Especially Bird Box - I'm dying for Book Depository to deliver it so I can tear through it before Halloween. I'm just excited for books in general.

So what books have you guys read/bought/added to your TBR because of the wonderful bookish people on the internet? Let me know.

16 comments:

  1. ooohhh....great! I've only heard of two! I'll investigate the others. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So now the books I've been recommended I'm recommending and now they've been recommended to you and all this rec stuff is making my head spin!

      Delete
  2. I read the Girl on the Train, and I really want to read Bird Box it sounds kinda freaky. I was going to read that one last year and never got to it... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now would be a really great time to get to it, something creepy for an October night!

      Delete
  3. I hope you read The Raven Boys bc that series is really cool. The writing is so good and the story is so unique. Also, I'm thinking about reading The Girl on the Train now that the movie is out. I do like to have my mind messed with, so I think that will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to read The Raven Boys until I have some extra money just in case it turns out I love the first book and then have to go out and desperately buy the rest of the series hahaha. The Girl on the Train was always an interesting one for me, although I've heard mixed things. I'm willing to give it a go and even if it's not some sort of masterpiece I'd say it'd still be enjoyable.

      Delete
  4. The Raven Boys, The Girl on the Train, and An Ember in the Ashes are all wonderful. Happy reading!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm looking forward to all of them!

      Delete
  5. To be honest, I rarely read books that have recommended to me, but I do rely on recommendations a lot for work - there's so way I could keep up with all the children's literature that's coming out these days, so my fellow book bloggers help me sort through the heaps of books and find the best ones for work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds brilliant, it's amazing what small things friends can do to lower a work load.

      Delete
  6. I *loved* The Light Between Oceans- I hope you enjoy it, too! I'm excited to read " Do Not Say We Have Nothing"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for that one. The concept is so cool. Don't ask me why I find baby-stealing cool but I do.

      Delete
  7. Oh I basically add books to my TBR everyday because of seeing things about them online.😂 And NO REGRETS! (Oh, well, maybe a few small regrets because my TBR is about to fall on my head.) I hope you like the Raven Boys. IT IS MY FAVOURITE OF EVER.!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same! My goodreads to-read list is in the 400's and I can't even remember where I found half of them D:
      I hope so too, everybody seems to love it and I want to join that bandwagon!

      Delete
  8. I have been meaning to read so many of these! I remember everyone was OBSESSED with The Goldfinch a while ago, and I wasn't really bothered. The the other day, Liz Gilbert said on her podcast that she wished she had written it, so now I'm like I HAVE TO READ IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've actually heard mixed things about it, but the premise was interesting enough for me to pick it up and want to give it a try. I love anything about art so hopefully this'll be right up my alley!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...