Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #4


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

There were plenty of books that came out in 2016 that looked so interesting. But unfortunately there's a big difference between the amount of books that came out and the amount of money I had to buy books with. Oh the pain of it. But I did manage to buy five, which I'm laying out in detail, and then there's a nice big collage of other titles afterwards that I just couldn't bring myself to cut down to five more. The titles will link to Goodreads. So, in no particular order, let's get to the books!



I've heard that this is Highschool MacBeth, and who doesn't want to read that?



This was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2016 and with everyone having been talking about it for months coming up to the announcement of the winner, when I caught this one in a bookshop I couldn't help but pick it up. I've never read anything about modern China so I can't wait to see what this is like.



I'll read just about anything that even mentions Ireland, so that's what had me add this to my TBR in the first place, but the premise (and admittedly, the gorgeous cover) made me grab it the second I saw it in the shop. I even gave up a 3 for 2 deal for this because it wasn't in the deal and I gave no shits.



This was EVERYWHERE for so long after it came out, and at first all I saw was love for it, but eventually the reviews became more mixed. But honestly I have such an unhealthy interest in cults that I'll read whatever about them. I watched this great documentary called Holy Hell on Netflix that I'd recommend anyone with a similar interest watch.



I'm a sucker for all things witches, and though I've seen mixed reviews I'm still wanting to find out myself what this book is like.


And here are some other books that came out in 2016 that look great!


So what do you guys think? Did you read any of these books in 2016, or are they on your TBR for this year?

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't the biggest fan of And I Darken. It wasn't what I had expected. I hope you enjoy these this year!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually been hearing that a lot lately, which has me worried haha. I'll still read it and find out, but I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd heard all these not so good opinions of it when I did. Hope you enjoy your year too!

      Delete
  2. The Comet Seekers is new to me and looks really good! And I love that title- The Princess saves Herself In This One. I need to look that one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of The Comet Seekers - at least the trade pb I own - is freaking gorgeous too. It has texture, almost like it's made of fabric, it's so beautiful!
      It's a poetry book and I've heard really good things about it!

      Delete
  3. Great list!
    And I Darken is a great book. I've been meaning to read The Girls either last year but didn't get the chance :(
    Hope this year will be better for you!
    Tiffani @ The Book Venom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many mixed opinions on And I Darken! I don't know who to listen to haha. I hope you get a chance to read it this year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...